Monday, August 2, 2010

I love you, Polly

This woman seriously rocks my world and I love her very much. I have no clue what she looks like, where she lives, or how she takes her coffee, but I would gladly kiss her feet. (Got this off amazon.com, so you cannot Click to LOOK INSIDE!)

Who is this woman and why have I suddenly developed a toe fetish?

BECAUSE JOHNATHON IS UPSTAIRS, SLEEPING, ON HIS THIRD NAP OF THE DAY IN HIS CRIB.

That's why.

So, this little nugget of a book basically says to put your baby down every 90 minutes for a nap (hence, the name. Clever, no?). When I read that, I was all, "Sha! {snort} Ain't no way my baby is going to take a friggin' nap every hour and a half. You are smoking some major crack, Polly."

And then, he did. The first day I tried this, I was at my parents' house and we were in a different time zone without his crib. AND HE SLEPT FOR FOUR HOURS (total, not all at the same time). This, from my baby who slept a max of 45 minutes, twice a day.


Now, as he grows older, he can stay up more time, but no lie. My boy gets sleepy and goes down without a fuss every 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, I think we are going through some night time sleep regression, so he isn't sleeping as well as he was during the night, but I think it's a temporary phase. He may be starting to teethe, so really, the Universe is just soooo on my side right now. But, I am going to take success where I can get it.

No comments: