Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pregnancy Brain

You have heard the term "pregnancy brain," no? It's where a pregnant lady will have foggy memory.

Well, you would think that the one thing a pregnant lady would actually remember is that she is pregnant and having a baby.

Enter...Moi.

Two things have happened recently that I have to shake my head at mahself and just laugh because I am, when it boils down to it, a total dumbass.

#1: The weekend of the shower, my friend brought her ADORABLE infant. (I have always had a thing for fat babies, except this one, and my friend's daughter is so scrumptious I could eat her up). Anyway, it just so happens that we have a nursery all raring to go for a baby, so my friend and the baybee slept in there. We all went to bed and the next morning, I woke up to a baby crying. My first thought was (and I may have said this out loud to the hubs): "Holy sh!t. When did I have the baby?"

#2 Here is the big reveal. The baby's name is going to be Johnathon, after Craig's grandfather. I know this. It is embedded in my brain and my heart. It's not like I have no idea what my child's name is. I have known that our son would be named John since before we got married--Craig, even before his grandfather passed away, always wanted to name a boy after his grandfather. Craig and I were sitting on the couch, eating something, when he turns to me and says, "You know, I would not mind it at all if John was a chef." I looked at him (NO LIE) and asked point blank, "John who?"

*Sigh*

2 comments:

Maeve said...

Pretty funny! It's ok - we've all been there. I bet Craig wouldn't mind at all if John was a chef :)

Lynnea said...

So funny, I love the name Johnathon.