Friday, November 27, 2009

I am Thankful

Craig, me, and The Bean were able to travel to Arkansas for Thanksgiving with my family. It was a much needed break!

Even though it's a brand new house, Craig and I wanted to put our stamp on it before our furniture arrived. So, from Thursday to Sunday night, we worked late adding to the house--I was painting (common areas--Sherwin Williams Latte; study and dining room Svelte Sage; master bedroom Techno Gray, if you are interested) and Craig set to tiling the laundry room (it was a vinyl covering before). YES, I PAINTED. Don't freak out on me please. I did my research and we picked a low/no VOC (the Harmony line from SW), was always in a well ventilated room, and took lots of breaks.

Monday was Moving Day!!! Even though all of our stuff is in boxes, it's nice to have it here finally! We spent one night in our new home and the next morning, we were off again.

My sister and my mom threw me a baby shower on Tuesday night--it was wonderful and we got a lot of really nice things for The Baby!!

Ah...my parents' home. I can (and do) say a lot of things about my parents and their habits, but one thing for sure--they certainly let you relax. And relaxation was definitely one thing Craig needed. Last week at work was a difficult one for him, on top of the hours after work he spent on the house. The poor man was exhausted and needed somewhere to completely veg out. We got here on Tuesday and haven't left the house since. We've barely gotten out of our pjs. It's been lovely.

And my puppies are doing great, as I knew they would. They love it at Nonnie and Poppie's house and I think the four of them are going to be sad to leave.

So, from my family to yours, I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and you were surrounded by loved ones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So...I need to know where you are registered so I can send you a baby gift now that you have a permanent address!

Sister said...

What a lovely family you have! :)