Thursday, March 25, 2010

He's here!!

I have been kinda busy the past week, so I am really, really late in posting, but

Johnathon Davies is here!!

He was born Thursday, March 18 at 7:30 a.m.. He weighed 7 pounds, 9 oz and was 20.9 inches long.

There will be pictures and more details to come, but for now, Craig and I are simply and absolutely in love with our little man. He's perfect and more than we could ever wish or hope for. He's health, strong, and all around wonderful. We had our first pediatrician appointment today and Johnathon is still doing well. He isn't back up to his birthweight yet, but he's eating well, so we're not concerned. He's doing a great job sleeping at night (and during the day). We're still working on him figuring out day and night.

My family is here to help out, but somehow, even with all the help, my free time is spent just staring at my sweet little boy. :) Can't help it. But, there are TONS of pictures and video that Daddy and Mommy have taken, so they WILL be posted soon. He's a beautiful, beautiful baby, even if I do say so myself. (And he totally looks like Craig.)

I ended up not needing an induction!!! I went into active labor late on St. Patrick's Day and delivered 30 minutes after my scheduled induction! I was really happy to have the birth experience that I wanted. I'm doing well--some aches and pains, but nothing out of the ordinary after birth pains.

More to come...

1 comment:

Maeve said...

Welcome! Welcome!